Thursday, April 23, 2009
Day 2
22 April 2009
Wednesday
Today was the second day of Project 3 and just like what I have predicted, it was going to be something like FYP. Well I guess the good thing is we will know the gist of FYP. So this is like a preparation-slash-training. Also, the time line for the animation is 3 minutes maximum. So should be easier (but still tough) than FYP since we only have 2 months. Alan just informed us today that each of us are suppose to either keep a journal or a blog.
Yesterday, Alan formed us into groups of 5. Sadly enough, we didn’t get to choose our group members. I was quite fine with mine because the this is individual work. My group consists of Angie, Candice, Ting Yu and Natalya. Alan then told us to find 3 or 4 weird stories which will be the story for our final animation product. The slightly good thing about this project is that we don’t need to think of a whole fresh story. Thinking of a fresh new original story, to me, is pretty tough. So, I guess having to read weird stories and picking one of them was pretty entertaining. I didn’t know that weird stuff has been going on in this world. Well, I know there are weird stuff going on but not this weird!
We were suppose to present in our groups first telling them which one we picked and we suggesting what kind of style will be nice and all. I really like Ting Yu’s story the part where a hippopotamus accidentally ate a dwarf during a circus performance because the dwarf landed in its mouth after jumping on a trampoline. I can’t wait for her final animation. My favorite one from Candice was the one when 2 robbers tried to rob a place and one of them shouted “Nobody move!” and when his partner moved, he shot his partner. Angie’s one was also funny. This man kept whistling the tune of “Adam’s family.” Irritating his neighbors, they called the police and he was jailed for 20 weeks. Stupid! Natalya didn’t come so I don’t know what’s her story. For me, I picked the one where a man accidentally shot his neighbor thinking that she’s a monkey. I really love that! After that, all of us suppose to remember all of our member’s stories and then we will present as a group and Alan will asked us what’s our group members stories.
After hearing all my classmates presenting their stories, it was hilarious what stupid thing human can do. Some of the stories are not weird but sweet and scary. Scare and yet funny at the same time. For example, the story whereby a woman hung herself on a tress outside her house but nobody saved her because it was during Halloween therefore they thought that she was a prop. I mean, it was suppose to be frightening and sad but the whole thing was somehow funny.
Andreas’s one was disgusting and disturbing with the whole liquid assets. Can’t wait for his animation. There were some with sexual contents such as Vivien’s one. A man and woman died because they were having sex on a rooftop and the rooftop fell. Hahaha! Must be really embarrassing! There were other nice and stranger ones but if I go on, this journal will never end.
Next, Alan explained to us about the learning contract which I’m still quite confuse about it. Thankfully, he’s going to explain further to us another day. Before class ended, he asked us to fill in the questions he gave us yesterday to help us work on our animation better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment